Thursday, January 20, 2011

Introduction

Haiku is a short Japanese poem. It consists of 17 syllables: 5 in the first line, 7 in the second line and 5 in the last line. Haiku generally has a seasonal reference admits it's content. I am so fascinated with Haiku because of their simplicity and connection with nature. It is a liberating feeling to express a grand idea (which all ideas are) in a few words. This is how I hope to capture my travels in Peru and Bolivia these next couple of months. To understand Haiku in more detail visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku, but please know the poetry I attempt to make will not follow these rules to their fullest. Also at times when I am not able to confine my thoughts, emotions, and observations to 17 syllables it is the opposite of liberating, and can be very frustrating, therefore this blog may very well be scattered with ramble.

I look foward to hearing your Haiku and thoughts!

With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment