Sunday, January 30, 2011

Huanchaco III - Huanchaco VI

1.26.11
Furious waves crash
The deep black sea overwhelmed
afterwards: stillness

1.27.11
A small dusty room
A vault into ancient days
painted pots tell stories

Marveled eyes stare at
five balls in he air and he
knows there is a God

She plays guitar
to pulsing ocean rhythm
and quiet breeze

1.28.11
City underground
The past dug up and sentiments
brought to the living

1.30.11
Little feet scurry
Red orange hue covers the sand
I ask, ¨Whats the rush?¨

Fat dead sea lion
Two red-headed vultures sit
atop her smooth spine

Mar y arena
Sol y viento. Todo
tacan mi alma
(for Todd. I hope you and beth are doing very well!)

2 comments:

  1. I like this the best:

    Marveled eyes stare at
    five balls in he air and he
    knows there is a God

    Was that your juggling or was it at the circus? Either way, I've seen things like that--like musicians playing so well I cannot keep God out of my mind. There something impressive about being impressed by good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little boy watched a juggler on the beach. I watched too, drooping my three yellow balls to the sand below and felt inspired to pick them back up.

    ReplyDelete