Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hatun Machay I-III, Huaraz II

2.3.11
Sky burns with passion
my heart jumps from tired flesh
and frolics with joy.

Thick fog rolls over
green hills dotted with boulders
and consumes my soul.

Hidden in a place
where humming birds buzz and stone
proclaims Love´s beauty.

Sun Sets orange and blue
The forest of stone burns red
Wispy clouds escape.

2.4.11
Bloody fingers grip
sharp ancient stone, quick breaths then
Go! to a deep jug.

Brook mumbles softly
The birds chatter quietly
Wind whispers secrets.

2.5.11
A river runs from
a lush green valley to the
eternal sun set.

Tobacco and Tea
Warms my cold, tired body
after a great day!

2.8.11
The birds are singing
and I am wet to the bone
must be songs of rain.

2 comments:

  1. these haikus lend my
    wayward imagination
    form more direction

    frases de fresas!
    estrofa espléndidas!
    cosquillas mias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The haikus make your last rock climbing adventure sound happy and beautiful. I like this one especially:

    Thick fog rolls over
    green hills dotted with boulders
    and consumes my soul.

    And I learned that "a deep jug" isn't a bottomless bottle of whiskey, but a handhold for the vertiginous climbers.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete